can we bill your health insurance?
The answer is: maybe! We're approved providers for certain clients with Neighborhood Health Plan! And if you're an eligible client, massage with us will be at no cost to you. Awesome, right?
things to know
Only certain Neighborhood Health Plan clients are eligible for massage. Generally you may be eligible if you have Medicare/Medicaid though Neighborhood. We recommend you call Neighborhood to check your coverage.
Only some of our therapists are approved providers: currently, Coreen Crogan.
If massage is covered under your plan, Neighborhood will approve six 60 minute sessions per year, with the possibility of further sessions by request.
West Side Wellness NPI numbers:
Coreen Crogan, LMT: 1750997128
steps to take
Neighborhood must receive and approve a Prior Authorization request from your physician before you can schedule your first massage with us.
1. If your physician isn't familiar with your pain condition, pay them a visit so they can accurately diagnose your pain.
2. Have your physician fill out the Prior Authorization form (we've filled it out partially and you can download it below). It must include a diagnosis code, as well as a procedure code. There are two procedure codes for massage therapy: 97124 massage therapy, and 97140 manual therapy.
3. Your physician must send the completed form, plus supporting clinical notes, to Neighborhood Health Plan.
4. Neighborhood can take up to 2 weeks to approve your authorization, at which point they fax us the approval.
5. When we get the approval, we will call you to get you scheduled. Do not schedule your massage prior to your approval.